BEECH CLASS - YEAR FOUR
Welcome to our class page! Here you can find lots of information related to our class. As we move through the school year, you will also be able to take a look at some of our fantastic work, as part of our creative curriculum.
If you would like to find out more about your child’s learning, or discuss any concerns you have, please do not hesitate to talk to a member of the Year 4 team (or leave a message with the main office and we will get back to you).
Thank you for your support.
Geography- Where would you build a settlement?
We went on a local trip to Workington Beach to look at Workington town as a modern settlement. We tried to see the human geographical features such as residential, industrial, retail, leisure and agricultural areas.
In STEM week we discovered lots of things. We:
- met a Forensic Scientist, and got to try being Forensic Scientists at a crime scene
- investigated which recipe makes the best slime
- designed a container to quickly & safely get an egg down a zip wire
- tried to understand more about the structure of DNA
- investigated switches in electrical circuits, and tried to make our own
- engineered bridges, which could hold a tin of beans
- made our own musical instruments and discovered how vibrations can make sound.
Maths- Number Day
We practically investigated the area of different things our classroom using post-it notes to help us measure the area.
History- Who lived in the Indus Valley and what did we learn from them?
We had a virtual session with the British Museum all about the Indus Valley and what we can learn from archaeological objects.
Science- Living things and their habitats
In Science, we explored what living things are in our school, and made bug hotels to encourage insects to come into our environment.
PE- Wheelchair basketball
We had a great session playing wheelchair basketball with Nat. Mrs Young even got involved too!
History- Why were the Romans so powerful and what did we learn from them?
In History, we became archaeologists! We went on an archaeological dig in Woodlands garden to find Roman artefacts!
Science- Animals including Humans (Digestion & Food Chains)
In Science, we found out about the different types of teeth and their functions, by acting like teeth with a bread roll.
Miss Alexandria Armstrong-Squires
Mrs Lyndsay Young
Senior Teaching Assistant
PE is every Wednesday. Children need to come to school wearing their PE kit and appropriate trainers.
Every day your child needs their:
- Reading book and Reading record
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch (or has ordered a school dinner at home).
- Jumper and Waterproof Coat
END OF YEAR EXPECTATIONS
Click here to view the expectations for the end of Year 4.
Click here to view our latest newsletter for Beech Class
You can also view our latest news on our social media pages