SPORTS PREMIUM FUNDING
At Westfield Nursery & Primary School we understand that through Sport and PE, pupils develop invaluable qualities such as discipline, teamwork, communication, endurance and ambition. These qualities enhance children’s learning both in and out of the classroom.
At Westfield Nursery & Primary School our vision for Sport and PE includes:
- Increase participation in after school sports and leisure activities
- Increase participation in sports events, festivals and competitions and success
- Raise profile of sport, PE and instil a love of sport and physical activity
- Use PE and Sport to raise pupils self esteem
- To broaden the sporting opportunity available to pupils
- To promote a healthy lifestyle in our pupils and to decrease the levels of childhood obesity
Our school provides a minimum of 2 hours of PE every week including swimming, as well as a variety of lunchtime and after school clubs which increases pupil participation in sporting activities
High quality sport and Physical Education provides benefits to all children, both academically and socially;
- Improves concentration, motivation, attainment and self esteem
- Develops social skills, creates friendships and leadership skills
- Improves health, both by improving fitness and well-being, therefore reducing the likelihood of long term illness
Through participation in sport we embed our core values of;
- Honesty and Respect
- Integrity and Empathy
- Collaboration and Perseverance
- Enthusiasm and Achievement
Our PE curriculum delivers all aspects of the National Curriculum and is delivered by class teachers in Early Years, Key stage 1 and Key Stage 2 as well as sessions from specialist PE coaches, Well-being coaches, Professional Sports coaches or teachers.
For details of the way we spend our Sports Premium Funding please see the links on the right.
Miss Sophie Milligan
Sports Subject Leader
FUNDING & IMPACT