At Westfield Nursery & Primary School we understand that through Sport and PE, pupils develop invaluable qualities such as discipline, teamwork, communication, endurance and ambition. These qualities enhance children’s learning both in and out of the classroom.
At Westfield Nursery & Primary School our vision for Sport and PE includes:
- Increase participation in after school sports and leisure activities
- Increase participation in sports events, festivals and competitions and success
- Raise profile of sport, PE and instil a love of sport and physical activity
- Use PE and Sport to raise pupils self esteem
- To broaden the sporting opportunity available to pupils
- To promote a healthy lifestyle in our pupils and to decrease the levels of childhood obesity
Our school provides a minimum of 2 hours of PE every week including swimming, as well as a variety of lunchtime and after school clubs which increases pupil participation in sporting activities.